This recipe was originally from my mom's brother and has been a family tradition of serving it on Halloween. It's delicious, warm and fills the belly. Great left over, Enjoy!
- 1lb beef stew meat
- 1 large jug of tomato juice
- 1 large can tomato soup
- 1 onion
- 1 bag of carrots, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1-2 cups water or chicken/beef broth
- 5 beef cubes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 box small shells
- In Dutch oven cook stew meat with salt/pepper and garlic salt. Add worcestershire sauce and allow meat to brown.
- Add tomato juice and tomato soup and beef cubes.
- Add chopped onion, bay leaves, and celery seed. Cover and let simmer for 3 hours. (The longer you cook it though, the tender the meat)
- Add chopped carrots and celery, water or broth until your desired consistency 1 hour before serving.
- Cook noodles, set aside.
- Serve in a bowl of noodles with soup on top.