CALLING ALL POTBELLY COOKIE LOVERS! I'm pretty sure I've about perfected this copycat recipe for the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and they are amazing!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. (Although I set mine to 300 because our oven is very powerful!)
- In large mixer, combine sugars, eggs, softened butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- In separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and oats.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time to the wet ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- On cookie pan place large balls (3 inches) of cookie dough, cook for about 8-12 minutes depending on your oven or until outer edges are golden brown.
- Let stand until cool, middle of cookie should look a bit doughy!