I'm not a pie goer. Actually I don't even really like pie, but my great grandma made an apple pie a few weeks back and it was SOO GOOD! This is pretty much her recipe (she basically told me she just puts these ingredients in it) and her trick is to place the butter and brown sugar on top to make it extra yummy. Enjoy!
- Store bought Pie crust
- 6 apples, peeled and cored
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 4-5 thin slices of butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place bottom of pie crust in un-greased pie pan, pressing dough along the side
- Peel and core apples, slice and place in bowl
- Add lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Mix together and place inside dough.
- Place thin slices of butter on top, sprinkle brown sugar on top and put top of pie dough over it, pressing the edges together.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Cover edges of pie with tin foil for first half to prevent burning.