When thinking about Family Pictures it can be so daunting, not to mention expensive. You pay for the pictures themselves, an outfit for mom, dad, each kid. You have to get everything and everyone ready, including yourself! I mean I love family photos and all, but they are sooo much work! In the photos above, I actually didn't buy one new thing! I know, I'm amazed myself lol but you too can this with a few helpful tips!
- Pick a neutral color and stick to it. That could be grey, white, tan, blue, whatever color you want but thats the "background" color that the majority of people will be wearing. (NOTE ABOVE: I chose blue. Yes, different shades of blue, but it makes it all mesh together nicely. I'm wearing dark blue, jay is wearing jean blue, Oliver is wearing jeans, and I chose to keep Attikus in lighter tones because I knew I would be holding him, which brings me to my next tip)
- Not everyone should be wearing the same color On the TOp or BOttom because you will most likely just blend in with everyone. Mix it up by using different shades of the same color, using a pop of color, or mixing in some florals or other patterns. This way, everyone will stand out when standing right next to each other and you'll be able to distinguish everyones body part instead of wondering... oh is that his arm behind mine or do I really look that fat lol (NOTE ABOVE: Oliver is wearing a white sweater and blue jeans which makes him pop out next to jay who's wearing all blue, and Attikus is wearing grey/nude so that he stands out next to me holding him wearing dark blue and black)
- Family Pics are meant to be special, so take the time to get all dolled up and get everyone looking your best. If you're like me, you spend most of your days in oversized t-shirts and your hubby's boxers because #momlife but this is your opportunity to look super nice so you can look back and remember how cute you guys looked!
- You don't have to break the bank. I'm sure you all have staples in your closet and basic items that you can throw together. Think of layering or adding simple touches to make an ordinary item stand out. For example, I've worn this sleeveless sweater like once because it's sleeveless and a sweater and I don't know when to wear it lol but it was chillier this day and I decided to put a basic long sleeve shirt under it. I think it worked out pretty well. I added yellow moccasins and a bonnet for Attikus, and dressed both jay and oliver in their "nice" shoes!
- Lastly try to have fun with it! Like I mentioned before, family pictures are stressful but if you just take a moment to plan out your outfits ahead of time (not the day of), look for items you already have in your closet (before you go buy new), and just remember these photos are for you.. not anyone else... then taking family pictures should be somewhat enjoyable! I'm not saying easy, we've got a two year old who doesn't always wanna listen lol and a baby that does whatever, but thats the point of it. To have candids, pictures that tell a story and create memories for you to look back on and cherish for a lifetime!
Hope you Enjoyed! xoxo Mari